"Indeed We created man, and We know what his own self whispers to him."

-Al-Qur'an 50:16-

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Love Me Until Your Love Runs Out

Before now, I didn't know how it felt
I didn't know the sting of pain laced with hope
How it feels to be gashed but find bleeding a purge
Who knew the depths and complexities of human emotion
I find everything I've felt before, superficial
Surface emotions full of numbness
I didn't know loss and gain can be one in the same
To be given and have it taken
To love then lose
To be blessed then tested
Alhamdulillah, My Lord must have answered my du'as
Answered when I asked Him to love me and increase my love for Him
Rather than deterred my love has emboldened
How strange is this love and unique the Beloved
How strange that broken emotions only increases me in love
Surely I've discovered the cure to all sicknesses of the heart
and it is plentiful

0 comments: