"Indeed We created man, and We know what his own self whispers to him."

-Al-Qur'an 50:16-

Friday, September 28, 2012

Maybe its just a phase

I am unsatisfied with life. I find I can't care about anything anymore. Not even my own life. It all might as well be dirty laundry to me. The skies could fall, the earth can burn, all these buildings could drown in the sea, and I wouldn't faze me. I don't feel like pretending anymore. I want to dump it all and find something new. I want a new country/city/job/house/friends/me. I would even change my name if I could...yeah let me change that too. The world is so very large outside my birdcage, let it find me. Maybe from among its goods I will gain and from its harms I will learn. It doesn't really matter where or what because nothing even matters anymore. Maybe I'll find something that matters because nothing even matters at all.

I think about just taking off with out telling anyone. A clean cut. If I feel like it and if they are still here, I might come back. Or I could be responsible and make an excuse like a new job. Perhaps its better not to burn bridges. But that really doesn't matter to me and maybe it doesn't matter to anyone else either. I think that suits me just fine. I've lived as a ghost. Now let me be real. 

0 comments: