"Indeed We created man, and We know what his own self whispers to him."

-Al-Qur'an 50:16-

Friday, July 29, 2011

One for You

Just one day if I could...
If I could wake and find my dreams have woken with me,
my world would be an earthly paradise,
I could be with my beloved in every way I long to be.
Become Queen of every kingdom, hearts of my subjects gifted to me
By day  I could sit on the banks of a river replenished by rain
Evenings, lay in a field harvesting gain.
Four seasons pass as time stays the same
Forty thousand years spent captivated in loves game
This game that's got me walking on fences like an ally cat.
Dancing barefoot on a snowy night.
Summer nights sleep abandoned for star gazing
It's bewitched me
Oh how life would be amazing
If my dreams could come with me

0 comments: