"Indeed We created man, and We know what his own self whispers to him."

-Al-Qur'an 50:16-

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Amatullah

For one minute I thought I saw the light of freedom
I thought I smelt the sweet grasses of green pastures
Fields of saffron and the wafting perfume of heaven
I heard the heartfelt and joyful laughter of the green birds of paradise
I willed my body forward as I yearned to be of them
My heart fluttered and my eyes watered
My mind washed of worry and grief
For one moment I thought it was the end and I was forever saved
I stretched out my arms and ran towards salvation
Ya Rabb, do what you will with my life, I long to be you
But not yet have I been relieved of this life
Every soul is appointed a time and some trials
Foolishness is to forgo the hereafter for the pleasures of this world
What is more fulfilling than iman entering the heart?
Than the Quran illuminating the soul?
Than receiving the pleasure of Allah and the love of his angels?
May Allah swt love me and increase my love for Him,amen

0 comments: