"Indeed We created man, and We know what his own self whispers to him."

-Al-Qur'an 50:16-

Friday, November 27, 2009

On your path you went away

Left me to linger in despair
In this valley of shadows the climb is steep
The sun overcome by mountains of deeds
Misguided and some evil in nature
Above them is a red glow of a distant light
Some times I lay and watch it flicker and dream of how it would feel to bask in its warmth
Chasing away the cold that clings to my flesh
I imagine it would penetrate my skin and flow through my veins reviving me
And when it reaches my heart it would enliven with Iman
Emancipated from the utter misery of a life without a purpose
A life without out answers of truth
Honest in speech, action, and spirit
Unburdened with the guilt of sins
Freedom in the service of Allah swt

0 comments: